Bio & Exhibitions
Liz Sparkes started her journey into glass making in 2011. With no formal art background, following an 18 month foundation course with Creative Glass Guild in Bristol, “Exploring Glass”, her education has predominantly continued with short Masterclasses with leading glass artists from all over the world, a process she is committed to continuing, learning from the best. More recently she has expanded her her creative learning into other media.
Liz is a member of the Contemporary Glass Society.
Masterclasses and Short Courses
- “Creating Dimension” – Paul Messink
- Sgraffito – Kelly Crosser Algae
- Landscapes – Clare Hall
- Verre Eglomise – “Mole” Brown
- Sculptural Flowers – Craig Mitchel Smith
- Developing Your Practice – Jane Bruce Day
- Heat Work – Frank van den Ham
- Mapping – Richard Parrish
- Working without Expectation – Catherine Newell
- Casting – Silvia Levenson
- Enamels – Marguerite Beneke
Exhibitions and Galleries
- Millhouse, Ilminster
- Contemporary Glass Society Online Exhibition
- CGS Celebrating Glass Exhibition, CiCCiC Taunton
- Shakspeare Glass Gallery , Taunton
- Go Create Autumn Exhibition Taunton
- Permanent display – Rose Mills Makers, Ilminster.